How to Become a Rapid eLearning Pro
14 & 15 May, Dexter House, London
Tom Kuhlmann – the well known eLearning guru, inspirational instructional designer and high profile learning technologies blogger – will be with us for a two day, hands-on, rapid eLearning workshop on 14 & 15 May in central London.
We’re delighted to be hosting this exclusive event – it really is a rare opportunity to meet and work with him.
Day 1: Rapid E-Learning Essentials
- Rapid elearning essentials: understanding the types of tools and basics of course design
- Strategies and time-saving tips when working with subject matter experts
- Differentiate the types of projects being created and the resources required for success
- Apply a simple performance consulting model that helps create actionable, performance-based courses
- How to write good learning objectives
- Basic structure of a storyboard and how to use it for course design
- Craft a custom starting template that can be used for each new course
- Review and create various layout options to assist in quick screen composition
- Work with colours and scheming to create courses appropriate to the content and branding requirements
- Overview of typography and identify the fonts most appropriate for the course
- Uncover common design mistakes and how to avoid them
- Create an elearning course style guide
- Quickly edit course inconsistencies and deficiencies using visual copy editing
Day 2: Visual Design & Interactive Learning
- Graphic design basics to help you get started
- How to get past a screen full of bullet points
- Analyze graphic design needs using a visual design map strategy
- Discover font personality and which one’s best for your content
- Practice the visual sentencing technique to replace words in your transcript with the right images
- Discover the how’s and why’s of interactivity
- Learn to craft rapid instructional design (RID) models that incorporate essential elements of interactivity
- Practice building two RID models: RSI and SAID
Activities & Examples
Each session incorporates presentation, collaborative discussions, and hands-on practice activities. Required software:
- PowerPoint: since most people are familiar with PowerPoint we’ll use it to do a lot of our prototyping and screen composition
- Articulate Storyline: we’ll use Storyline to prototype and quickly build our interactive models. You don’t need to have a license. You can download a free trial for the workshop.
- Participants will also receive hundreds of post-workshop resources that they can use for their projects
Why should you attend?
- Learn how to save time and money with more efficient development
- Take your courses past the standard click-and-read model
- Make your courses look like elearning courses and not bullet-point slides
- Create interactive and engaging courses using reusable models
- Hundreds of post-conference resources that include tutorials, getting-started documentation, and templates
Who should attend?
- Subject matter experts who build rapid elearning courses
- Trainers transitioning to elearning
- Instructional designers
- Elearning designers and developers
Those working for corporate organisations, Charities and also Freelancers are all invited to attend.
What should I bring with me?
- a laptop with the Storyline software installed as most examples presented will use this. Please note: each session will use examples from Storyline. However, if you use a different authoring tool you should also be able to follow along.
- Download your 30 day free trial here
- There will be power sockets available for you to charge up your laptops
Refreshments will be provided so please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
Charitable organisations receive a 15% discount – contact us to get your code.
Got a question? Contact Lauren Wood on 08451 707 702 or email email@example.com
BOOKING FOR THIS EVENT HAS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR WAITING LIST.