Formed in 2001 by six charities looking to share learning resources, The Charity Learning Consortium (CLC) has grown from strength to strength.
Now, with over 100 members from the charity and community sector, the CLC continues to provide an opportunity for voluntary organisations to have access to a large portfolio of eLearning courses but at a low cost, networking opportunities and a place to discuss best practice in the charity sector.
The CLC mission statement is: Coming together to share learning, experiences and resources to develop our people in the charity sector
The Charity Learning Consortium work in conjunction with external organisations and are pleased to have support from individuals who support the Consortium. Find out more about the Friends of the Consortium.
Benefits of joining The Charity Learning Consortium
Working for its members, The Consortium is committed to sourcing the most effective and appropriate courseware to meet our members’ needs and will research and negotiate the best deals with key suppliers. Members are able to benefit from the buying power of The Consortium.
Members also benefit from unlimited access to courseware that can include:
- IT Skills including Microsoft Office and ECDL (European Computer Driving License)
- Soft Skills from the Management Milestones – Essentials portfolio including Personal & Financial Skills
- Soft Skills from the Management Milestones – Masters portfolio providing management skills
- Professional Management Series
We reduce the risk to you and make it easy to implement eLearning
All the courseware is hosted by The Charity Learning Consortium giving each individual organisation the ability to set up and manage users and allocate courseware accordingly. Full reports can be produced locally, giving valuable management information whenever required.
This hosted solution reduces the amount of input and support needed from the individual IT departments enabling organisations to spend their time and energy developing their people.
A network of members
The CLC enables like-minded organisations in the charity and voluntary sectors to share best practices and resources about training. As a membership organisation, its primary focus is supporting its members in their use of eLearning.
The Consortium meet on a quarterly basis to discuss their successes, share best practice and keep up to date with any developments within The Consortium. The quarterly meetings are held in central London and include workshops from Towards Maturity, sessions led by consortium members and guest speakers are brought in to discuss issues raised by members.
Members will have access to a variety of resources including:
- Marketing information – including posters and brochures
- Case Studies
- Course Outlines
- eLearning Background Documents
- eLearning Implementation Documents
- PowerPoint Presentations from quarterly meetings
- Events Calendar
- Links to useful publications and contacts
- CLC member contact details
- Access to The Charity Learning Consortium online discussion forum